Band and Choir
- Band rehearse every Monday after school and we learn the music by ear
- We love performing and play regularly in assembly and for school events
- Band is a progression route for children who continue with an instrument after First Access music lessons in Year 4
- Our year 6 trumpeters have done ABRSM Jazz Grade 1
- We have performed at the Royal Greenwich Music Hub Gala at Blackheath Halls and at the Music for Youth Festival at the Royal Festival Hall where we got great feedback
We like to play popular tunes, sometimes suggested by the children. We play music that is well known and we aim to play authentically – we often listen to the original tune on YouTube. We foster a positive attitude to improvisation and encourage solos where appropriate to the arrangement.
KS2 choir rehearse on Thursday lunchtime and is open to Years 4, 5, 6; Year 3 can join in spring/summer terms. The choir has performed at local events, the Royal Greenwich Music Hub Gala at Blackheath Halls and the Young Voices at the O2
Year 2 singing club takes place on Friday lunchtimes
Greenwich Schools’ Music Association Concert (GSMA)
Our amazing choir are preparing for the Greenwich Schools’ Music Association Concert. Below are the tracks for your child to practise at home.