Following various development meetings within the school community we decided on two key drivers for improvement, namely; "Knowing Every Child" and "Universal High Expectations of All & Self".
In September 2014, the phrase "In Pursuit of Excellence" became the core guiding principle that we use to guide all our work to deliver on the two key drivers.
In order to become excellent and sustain it over time, we need to deliver on the following outcomes:
- Fully subscribed September entry for Reception & Nursery Places
- EYFS - 74%+ having a Good Level of Development
- Year 1 to Year 6 - 90%+ at or above Age Related Expectation (NRSS 85+ with a significant proportion at or above NRSS of 115+ (Gifted & Talented) in Reading, Writing, Maths & GPS (Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling)
- Remove the Tail of Underachievement – Less than 10% of whole school population below age related expectation
- To become ‘probably the best school in the world’ by providing an enriched and absorbing learning experience with world class facilities, resources and staff. A key element of this ambition is to be a Dyslexia Friendly School which embeds a Dyslexia Friendly approach that benefits all pupils.
The 5 outcomes have a series of clear actions to help us deliver on each with a regular termly monitoring and review cycle to ensure we adjust as needed to keep our focus upon the outcomes we wish to achieve.