As you know, Plumcroft values PE very highly. Please ensure that your child has the appropriate PE kit in school on the days that their class does PE. There is a timetable on the reverse of this letter and on the school website. We would like to take full advantage of our fantastic outdoor facilities. The weather is unpredictable at this time of year so please pack both shorts and jogging bottoms. That way your child will be comfortable, whether it is warm or a bit cooler.
Sometimes PE lessons have to be rearranged, or in the case of your child’s class having PE lessons on alternate weeks it would be useful for their kit to remain in school for the whole week.
PE Kit is:
- A plain, pale blue crew neck t-shirt £2.50
- Plain black or navy shorts (Available at any supermarket chain. Some sizes are available from the school office, £5)
- Plain black or navy tracksuit trousers or joggers (Available at any supermarket chain)
- Pair of plimsolls / trainers
- Pair of socks if tights are worn
- Hair band /clips to tie back long hair
- Children may wear their school jumpers if they would like an extra layer (jumpers with hoods are not allowed)
PE kit can ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please label ALL PE kit so that any lost property can be easily returned.
Excusing your child from PE lessons
If your child is injured or unwell, your child’s teacher will require a note/letter to excuse them from taking part in the lesson. If we do not receive such a letter, your child will be expected to take part as usual in the PE lesson. If the injury occurs during the school day, the teacher will excuse the child on your behalf.
Children who have pierced ears should be able to take studs out by themselves without help from an adult or preferably just not wear them to school on a PE day.