Physical Activity Zone
Welcome to the Plumcroft Physical Activity Zone. Here, you will find links to a range of ways to be active and fit whilst at home. We know keeping active makes us feel good so it’s more important than ever that we keep challenging ourselves to move about and have some fun. Why not see if you can get your grown-ups to join in as well?
Greenwich School Sport Partnership – GSSP
Visit the GSSP website for lots of ideas about how to ‘Stay Healthy at Home’. Here you will find weekly challenges and opportunities to win sports equipment for school.https://www.greenwichssp.co.uk/stayhealthy
Human Buckaroo Challenge with Miss Ings – How many items can you balance?
BBC Super Movers
Get ready to be a Super Mover and supercharge your children's learning by visiting the Super Movers website!
Skipping with Miss Ings
Dancing with Harriett (Video 1)
Dancing with Harriett (Video 2)
Dancing with Harriett (Video 3)
Dancing with Harriett
- Can you create your own dance routine?
- Board game variations – For example, Snakes and Ladders game where you have to do 5 star jumps etc when you land on a certain square.
- Quiz cards – wrong answers can mean you have to do an activity of some kind, for example, 3 burpees
- Make a chatterbox – when you open up to the middle it can tell you which activity to do. For example: 10 star jumps, 5 burpees, 10 mountain climbers, hop scotch, 20 second plank…
- How to make a chatterbox - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtm0WlsVMt0
- Create an assault course.
- The floor is lava – can you get from one side of your living room to the other without touching the floor?
- Create your own Joes Wicks work out.
- Make a den.
- Keepy uppies – how many can you do?
- Act your age – a 6 year old would pick a physical activity and do it for 6 minutes for 6 days.
- Can you learn to juggle? https://www.dropbox.com/home/Home%20Challenges?preview=Video+21-05-2020%2C+17+49+37.mov
- How to juggle, step-by-step guide - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/how-to-be-epic-how-to-juggle