Year 5 take part in weekly swimming lessons at Shooters Hill College. This is part funded using the Sports Premium funding.
To allow children to fully participate in their lessons they need the following kit;
- Trunks for boys, not loose-fitting shorts;
- One-piece costume for girls
- A towel.
- Swimming caps must be worn.
- Goggles are permitted but parents must provide these.
- Swimming kit should be brought to school on the day when swimming lessons take place and taken home at the end of the day.
Over the last couple of years, some of the Sports Premium funding we have received has been spent on increasing the Swimming hours we allocate, enabling us to offer swimming to year 5 for the entire year. We have also this year, used the Sports Premium to pay for a Reach and Rescue qualification for six members of staff which means the children can be taught in smaller groups for longer periods of time. This has been hugely successful meaning more children than ever will leave Plumcroft able to swim 25 metres.
In July we took part in the first ever Greenwich School Sport Partnership swimming gala.
Tuesdays - 5A and 5M
Thursdays - 5W