The Headteacher's Activity Zone
The Headteacher’s Activity Zone
24th March 2020
It’s been a busy 9 days so far and the world feels like a very strange place at the moment. If you get a chance, please have a look at the following two activities. Also feel free to ignore them completely as I know how challenging things are for everyone. My juggling tutorial is ‘in production’ at the moment, so watch this space as that and other new Activities arrive..
Maybe when we’re all back together at school we can set a new world record for the most children juggling at one time ? Come on, we can do it !!!
This is a favourite poem of mine, it’s all about how our lives have been so hectic. It’s less than 3 minutes and is an unusual version that I like as it’s been set to music.
I’ve been watching this one at the end of each day since last week. When it feels like too many challenges are coming at me, all at the same time, it helps me to refocus and remain calm. It’s about 15 minutes long but I think it has something really important to say at this time – hope it helps in some way.
Feel free to only watch and listen to the videos and just have a think. If you find you have a bit more time and the kids seem keen to do something apart from PS4 and Netflix, then consider doing the following activities, they might help – I’m fascinated to see what might happen:
- listen to the poem/song and read the words on screen (do it 3 times)
- think of one thing you have normally done that has made your life hectic (full of care).
- Will you still be able to do it at the moment ?
- If not, think of at least one other thing you’d like to do with your time
- use the song and poem as inspiration - share your ideas with me in any way you like, it can be written, in pictures, a song, a dance, a poem, a video - anything as long as it can be attached and emailed to me or you can send a link so I can download:
- listen and watch the second video
- write out the 10 ‘lessons for life’
- as a family, pick at least 1 to say what it means to you
- Your response can be written, in pictures, a song, a dance, a poem, a video - anything as long as it can be attached and emailed to me or you can send a link so I can download:
If anyone knows how to stop adverts appearing in YouTube without signing in,
please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I will be eternally grateful…
And finally; I thought you’d like to hear what our theme tune has been this week when all our keyworker families have been arriving as well as other families we’ve been supporting each day. A very special thanks to Mr. Slate who has played his guitar and ukulele in the Genesta Playground each morning and sung this and other great songs.
All together now:
ps. This is the song I used to sing to my four boys when they were little and couldn’t go to sleep – worked every time. I promise…